One of the best skills anyone can master in life is being able to ask the right question.
- How much coverage do I need? This will determine how much your insurance company will pay in the event of an accident. Each state has a minimum level of coverage all drivers are required to have, so make sure your policy covers you for that amount. The value you of your car and your risk assessment will also play a part in answering this question.
- What deductible should I pick? Your deductible is how much you have to pay if an accident happens. The tricky thing about deductibles is that the higher deductible you have, the lower your monthly premiums will be. Look at what you can afford month to month, and make sure you save enough to cover your deductible.
- What discounts are available? Every insurance company offer discounts for something. Safe driver, good grades, bundling home and auto, and driving school are all common discounts, but ask for a full list of discounts offered so you can see if you qualify for any.
- Is there 24 hour support? Accidents don’t always happen between 8:00 and 5:00, so having the option of a 24 hour support center can come in handy.
- Will the value of my car affect my premiums? A good rule of thumb is that the more expensive the car, the more expensive the premium, but that isn’t always the case. Ask around and see how different insurance companies will value your car.
At All American Insurance Agency we love answering whatever questions you have, so give us a call and ask away.